Portfolio

Monday, December 5, 2011

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Uses EL Wire

Hey all! Found another example of "high-tech" fashion. I've posted before on Katy Perry's EL peacock tail, and this year Victoria's Secret did a similar thing with their EL Angel wings. While I think they looked overall cute (and were structurally robust, props to whoever mechanically designed them), I was a bit disappointed in their electronic simplicity. I feel like the amount of work for audio processing/visuals isn't that hard. Bright wings that stay on are pretty, but just a little too boring. I would've really like it if Victoria's Secret made their lighting more dynamic (like the beating heart bra worn at 2:00). It's clear that they were technologically sophisticated enough to know how to vary brightness/speed of their lights, but didn't for their wings. At the end of the day, I suppose my main gripe lies with their decision not to. *Shrugs* I'm too judgmental :P



On the bright side, at least I now know of who might want to buy my EL Shutter Shades :)

No comments:

Post a Comment